September 11, 2008

See . . . I do work . . .



Here I am in my office in Magna. Great view. Can you see Antelope Island to the right of the center bar in the window? Dr. Keming Zhou, one of the managers for whom I am secretary, who took this photo, said that a messy desk is a sign of intelligence. I must be very intelligent. I'll be here until September 25. On September 29 I report to Daybreak at 114th South and 47th West. To a cubicle without dividing walls, facing the back of someone's head, or, if I turn to the right, the parking garage. They weren't going to give us waste baskets--they wanted us to take our trash to the recycling bins--but the hysterical laughter of employees forced them to rescind that edict. The new office is 10 miles further from home--one way.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I CANNOT believe they actually considered not giving everyone a trash can.

Paige said...

I think you are looking at this all wrong. You 10 miles closer to me! You'll be right by Wheadon Lane so you can do lunch with us when we all get together. You'll be right by the new Temple (I know...it's not the Mother Temple, but it's still nice). I'm pretty sure this will be one of the best things that ever happens to you!!

Jennie Taylor said...

Toots,
Wow--that's crazy! I didn't know you'd been transfered to the Starship Enterprise :).