July 18, 2009

Utah Festival Opera - Logan, Utah


Elma Leta, Kristy, and I attended the Utah Festival Opera in Logan on July 15 and 16. Elma Leta and I saw Gilbert & Sullivan's The Mikado (I've got a little list of people who would not be missed). Then Kristy joined us and together we saw Bizet's Carmen. (Carmen works in a cigarette factory, and that part of the opera always reminds me of my Grandma Fercik who worked in a tobacco factory, making 600 cigars a day, for four years, from ages 16 to 20, 1910 to 1914.) And we saw Lerner & Loewe's Broadway musical Camelot--which was very touching--and nobody gets the girl! All the productions were excellent. Gail Miller (Mrs. Larry H. Miller) was at the first two performances we attended. The photo is of the principals in Camelot. Lancelot was also Escamillo in Carmen. Guenevere is Vanessa Ballam (Michael Ballam's daughter). For those of you who remember Farley Family Reunion, James Arrington played Merlin and King Pellinore in Camelot. UFO doesn't sell postcards, but I took the photos taken with the various casts and had Costco turn them into postcards--69 cents each, with return address and message! I ordered 90 postcards--you'll probably be getting one from me. The Festival runs till August 8.

2 comments:

Kara said...

90 Postcards? That seems like a lot. Great picture, and I love that you're blogging.

Paige said...

Super fun! I can't WAIT to get a postcard!!!